2006 Dixie Chopper Cut Quality. Is it a streaker?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by punk_rockin2001, Sep 19, 2006.

1. punk_rockin2001

punk_rockin2001 LawnSite Member

I recently made a post about an offer made to me for a 50" Chopper, but I found the one I really want at another dealer. Its a 2006 60" Coatesville Classic w/the 27hp Kohler. Dixie is running a special right now for that mower w/the Generac but my dealer didn't have one so he said I could have the Kohler for the same special price of $6,999. What is the quality of cut of the 06 models? I have found lots of complaints on the cut quality of the 05 models, people said it left 2 strips of grass. Is it the same for the 06? Any advice would be awesome.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The '06 is supposed to be fixed although I have my doubts as to whether there actually ever was a problem. I have a friend who bought a '03 and he swore up and down it streaked. He drove the dealer crazy so the dealer went so far as to switch his silver deck for the older black deck which didn't have any reports of streaking. My buddy complained that the black deck was streaking too so he and I swapped mowers for a day and he complained that mine was doing the same thing. So we actually took both mowers and cut some grass with them and then I asked him to show me what he was talking about. There simply wasn't anything wrong with the cut of either mower and he said it must be something unique about the grass he was cutting.

3. punk_rockin2001

Thanks for the reply. I wonder how many other people are inventing the problem or are simply going too fast for the conditions. Anyone else have any experience w/the new choppers?

4. punk_rockin2001

Anyone cut w/new dixies?