2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ryno23, Sep 10, 2005.

1. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

does anyone know when these are coming to the dealerships and if they have what do you think of them. my dad is waiting till they come out to see if he likes them so he can decide on it and the quad cab. i think they'll be too big. any info would be appreciated.

2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a sweet truck and I'm already on the wating list to get one.they will hit the market the Fall of this year...I'll post a coulpe pictures...

Have the need to haul six passengers, 2,840 lbs of payload and a trailer with 15,800 lbs? Then Dodge has the truck for you. The massive Ram Mega Cab is one more vehicle to appease the truck buying masses and appall anyone driving something without a Hemi or a Cummins. That’s right Dodge is offering a 5.9 liter Cummins Turbo Diesel engine that produces a ludicrous 610 lb.-ft of torque and 325 horsepower. Or you can opt for the wussy Hemi V8 with a measly 375 lb.-ft. Of torque and 345 horsepower. The Cummins comes with either a six-speed manual or an automatic, the Hemi…just gets a five-speed auto.

mega.jpg

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

a guy down the street from me has one. its pretty fin sweet. maybe he just a test driver for it. I know alotta people around here work for gm, chrysler, ford, and they have to put like 5-10k miles on it and let the company know how it is. then after they turn the trucks in, they demolish the truck

4. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Imagine the possibilities if you removed the girly man Hemi replace it with an aluminum block crate Hemi. 585 HP, 630 ft lbs of torque at 7500 RPM. Dual 850 Carter AFB's. 2.5" diameter header tubes leading into a 4.5" collector...The epitome of the term elephant motor!

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I wonder why Dodge offers a 5 speed auto with the hemi but only a 4 speed auto with the Cummins.

6. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Because the 4 speed with the Cummins is in effect an Allison transmission.

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

What do you mean?

8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

The 48re auto behind the cummins aint no allison. The "allison" behind the duramax aint a real allison...real allisons dont have park. I think in 07 dodge is putting a 6speed auto behind the cummins...I prefer the manual 6 speed over the auto though.Not sure what uniscaper is tryin to say there...

9. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure if you saying the Allison 1000 behind the Duramax isn't a "real" Allison is sarcasm or what.

The 1000 is in fact a "real" Allison. The Allison 1000 AND 2000 have parking pawls. We have 20+ Freightliner FL-60's with CAT 3126/C7 and Allsion 1000 in them.

10. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had heard the Cummins wouldn't be offered in the Mega Cab until '07. Also the Mega Cab isn't available in a long bed configuration either.