2006 Equipment and Work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ALarsh, Apr 22, 2006.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Its a US Cargo trailer and 6.5 X 12.

2. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

looks good....hey where'd u pick that gas station up at??and how much did it cost...looking into doing something like that on my trailer just not sure what yet

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks nice! Hows the toro workin out for you?

4. ALarsh

from Midwest

I got it at www.northerntool.com. Check and see if there is a location by you. Order it through a local northern tool store and you don't have to pay shipping. Only problem with it is that you have to mount it higher than the receiving tank because it is a gravity flow. I'm still planning on where to mount it high enough.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...oduct_6970_200317034_200317034&issearch=19567

I love it. Has been working great and delivers such a nice cut. Only thing it could do better is stripe. I may get a striping kit for it. My next mower will be a toro.:)

5. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

after i posted i check out the cat. and saw it in there....post some pics when u mount....dont know if im gonna buy it right away or not planin on buying a new trailer in the next couple of weeks

6. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, How'd the Ranger pull the 6x12?

7. ALarsh

from Midwest

The ranger pulled the 6.5 X 12 very well power wise (it had the 4.0 liter). No problem in the city. On the highway it would want to go in and out of O/D and was pretty hard to keep up to speed. The biggest downfall was the brakes. It took a looonggg time to stop. If I was pulling the trailer more with a ranger, I would DEFIANTLY get trailer brakes. I do not really need them now with the 2500HD. It would be a good little rig if the trailer had brakes.

8. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool, Alarsh,

At the end of the year, I'm planning on getting the 2006/07 Ranger Fx4 Level 2.

9. rickt

rickt LawnSite Member

Have you asked or read about your local laws concerning the gas station mounting location ?

We mounted one on our trailer a few months back and were pulled over by DOT and said it had to be mounted to our truck.

10. ALarsh

from Midwest

I would pass on the ranger and step right up to a 3/4 ton, used. I made the mistake and purchased 2 vehicles a couple months a part and lost about $1,500. Luckily I was able to get a good price for the ranger both on the buying and selling part. I made the mistake and wouldn't want to do it again.

rickt- I haven't checked but it says it is UN/DOT compliant.