2006 Expo in Octobor,,,kids???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr.Mow-It-All, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Would like to make a nice getaway with my wife and three girls to the expo october 6-8. Would the kids like it? Have any of you taken young kids before. I have never been to the expo, but would realy like to go.

2. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

Took a 4, 11 & 12 yr. old one year. Had the time of our lives. They have talked about it ever since, The 4 yr old is now 18. They were well behaved but full of energy. Always remember the Kohler brats and B&S corn.

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, we went about 5 years ago and my 3 girls were 5, 10 and 11. They loved it and besides the above food attractions they loved getting the freebies at the booths. That was still when Expo was in the summer and man was it hot but it was fun. I would say you and your family will enjoy it. We also did some other stuff like a carriage ride downtown and went to the Louisville Slugger bat factory. Cool stuff. Have fun.

4. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

My girls are 6,3,and 1. I think the 6 and 3 would have fun. Of course the 1 year old is a handfull anywhere we go. Just didn't know if there would be enough "cool" stuff there so that they wouldn't get bore after a couple of hours. I know it doesn't take too much to keep little ones interested. They like seeing mowers and stuff like that (maybee watch dad on the walker course lol!!). I am probably going to go regardless, but just would like to make nice long weekend getaway with the fam if they would like it. It is quite a drive if the fam won't enjoy it. Thanks

Drew

5. gocards

gocards LawnSite Member

Does it cost to go to the Expo?

6. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Taken from http://expo.mow.org/faq.html:
    Before October 2 registration is free by mail or fax if you are a dealer, retailer, distributor, rental store, lawn & landscape pro, general contractor, golf course employee or if you write for a publication. Online registration for these attendees is free until October 6. After these deadlines, registration is $25 for these attendees.

If you are a manufacturer/industry supplier who is not exhibiting this year, the cost to register is $350 per person, payable to EXPO 2006.

7. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Don't forget about Six Flags aka Kentucky Kingdom. They appear to be open that weekend. The triple a baseball team, Louisville Bats' season will unfortunately be over at that time.