2006 Hustler Super Z Value

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by JackFlack, Jan 6, 2013.

1. JackFlack

JackFlack LawnSite Member

I've been looking to buy a Hustler Super Z for a while and recently came across a 2006 with 72" XR-7 deck and a 25 hp Kawasaki engine. Model # 927913

I haven't seen it in person yet but it looks to be in very good condition with 460 hours.

Are there any issues with that year that I should be concerned about?

The guy wants $5500 which I thought was a little high but I wanted to get some input on what others thought it was worth.

I originally posted this in the Hustler section but I haven't gotten any responses.

Here's some pics of it. Let me know what you think. Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I sold a 60 inch mower basically same setup in the spring and I got 4500 for it.

3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Hydro pumps and wheel motors were an issue. Strips of uncut grass at heights above 3 inches.

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

25 HP is a little underpowered for a 72" deck IMO.

5. JackFlack

I'd rather have a bigger engine but what I cut is 3 acres all flat, no hills so I'm hoping it'll be ok.

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

You'll probably be alright, but you may have to slow down in thick and/or long spots.

7. JackFlack

The guy is willing to come down to $5000 but I still think thats a little high. He's also about 2.5 hours from me so that factors in somewhat.

Would $4500 be a fair price for it?

8. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I feel that's a very fair price. For commercial use I would want more hp but that would be a great mower for someone like you in my opinion. That mower looks new! Maybe he posted pictures he took when he first bought it. lol

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That's what I would offer if you have to drive that far to pick it up. That's 5 hours RT=payup

10. Services Plus  LLC

Services Plus LLC LawnSite Member
    from CT

Totally agree. I have the exact same mower, but with a 30hp Kohler.....great mower.