1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2006 lost client #'s

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Frontier-Lawn, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

well so far in 206 i have lost 6 clients.
    2-dropped for cheaper service from state/ nationwide company's
    3-lost to tractor sale promotions at local home improvement stores( this is the one that pisses me off the most)

so whats your lost count so far
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Got you beat, Ive lost 20. eight did not come back because found somone cheaper(one was 15 bucks I was doing for 40), pulled up to 3 last week and had been mowed by whoever, no call to let me know anything, one moved, two bought a cheap box store mower to do it themselves,one I dropped because Im still holding her bad check for March, three right now are tedering on whether they want me to mow this year because of their finances, and I had to drop two that were to far away and no longer profitable because of gas.
  3. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

add one more to my list, so now i have 7 gone. i just talk to one of my clients. he is starting up his own lawn company now (he just spent $20,000 on a complete equipment package), due to his other lawn provider he had for his 6 commercial properties he owns. that company just socked him with a $400 fuel surcharge for his shopping centers and it would be more next month. :dizzy:
  4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I have lost a bunch in the past 3 years due to death and relocation. Very hard to replace those accounts these days
  5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I have lost 7 this year. 3 I dropped because of slow pay,1 moved, 1 dropped me (pita anyway),2 properties were sold. But on the up note I have p/u 10 so a gain of 3.

Still running an ad but not sure how much longer though.

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Wow.. just wait till he sees it on the pump for himself. Unless he's gonna piss in the mowers to make em run.
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Me too, almost two dozen short.
    Don't even want to discuss the reasons, don't care thou some of it is because I don't bend over backwards (but no, not all).
    I'm busy now, don't bloom late lol.
  8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Our lost client list is down this year. Normally we lose AT LEAST 5 or 6 over the winter to death.
    This year we lost 3.
    1 moved to florida
    2 called and cancelled (both were given price increases, and both said they were going to cut it themselves.) ya sure, they probably will just find someone cheaper.
  9. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

so far only one. knock on wood
  10. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Well Im at +2 one ive done off and on the past couple of years and another one is a neighbor of one of my accounts due to a no show LCO