2006 Powerstroke--$15,000

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Boycea, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Am I on another planet thinking that my truck is worth more than that. I have a 2006 F350 powerstroke with 33,000 miles on it. Regular cab, XLT. 8ft bed, single rear wheel, Power tinted windows, Power door locks, FX4, trailer tow package, camper package, plow prep package, upfitter switches, tow command, pintle ball combo, tool box, and liner. Only work it has done is plow snow and sometimes tow a trailer locally. Truck has no dents dings or scratches. I went to the ford dealer to purchase a new 08' super or crew cab lariat diesel and they offered me $15K for my truck and then upped it to $18K when I got up and left. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Pictures 1-13-08 039.jpg

2. Boycea

and moderators, this isn't intended as an ad, i'm just lookign for feedback because I feel its an insult when you go in to spend $48k on a truck and they offer you $15K on a truck that you bought for $42K just over two years ago

3. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a shame

4. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

You might not be a dodge fan..like me, but Me and my dad got on the boat these past few years. Right now you can get quad cab Dodge 2500 4x4 cummins for $28999. I bought the dually quad cab SLT 2 wheel drive for $29999!! I think the 4 wheel drive is $32999. You can get a dodge like you have now for around $26000. Might be a good alternative to make up for the money your losing.

5. kubotab7200

kubotab7200 LawnSite Member
    from Newkirk

they r trying to put the screws to u, i went thruogh the same thing with dodge only it wasnt practikly brand new if i where u i would hang on to it a little longer. i hate fords but that is a sharp truck. they just want to get it cheap so they can turn around and make a mint off of it. i had a 99 ram 2500 4x4 cummins and i wanted to trade it for a 2004 chevy 1500 hd and the first dealer i went to offered me 8800 bucks. i told him to f..k off, i also explained that it had a cummins diesel not a v8 gas. i ended up goin to another dealer and got the chevy truck i wanted and i have been happy since then. if you want to trade it i would try some other dealers and see what thay will give for it

6. Boycea

Yah thats what I'm thinking, I'll probably just hold on to it and in a couple years add an ez dumper and make it a maintenance truck. Theres no way i'm going to take that big of a hit on a truck that is in perfectly fine shape. It's almost like they dont want my business.

7. kubotab7200

kubotab7200 LawnSite Member
    from Newkirk

:gmctruck:u might visit a gmc dealer and get a d max or even a dodge dealer, its all in what ya like who knows a gm or dodge dealer may give u more for it if u wanted a new one that bad. hell if it dont break down all the time i would drive the crap out of it till i got my money's worth

8. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Boycea, at first I thought you were selling it for 15k, I was ready to send you a check ASAP. LOL

9. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

just keep it until it DIES

10. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Why are you selling a 2 year old truck with 33,000 miles on it? That isn't a smart move. But yeah i'll give you $15k for it, i'll be there tomorrow you pick me up at the airport.