2006 Scag Turf Tiger 61 inch $8000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by guven, Aug 8, 2006.

1. guven

guven LawnSite Member

10.8 hours on it, I would like to buy it. do you think $8000 is good deal. how much is this mower worth? Thanks

2. guven

guven LawnSite Member

The Mower engine is a Kohler Command Pro 27

3. guven

guven LawnSite Member

I was thinking , If I ask question about which backpack blower or, my redmax is bogging, I will get more input. I need some info about the mower price, I got no input. I am going to ask same question like other people ask and get 40-70 input over over again

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, great deal.....Velocity deck I assume. 10 hrs is a new mower as far as I'm concerned.

5. guven

guven LawnSite Member

Thanks Tacoma
    I realy do not know what kind of deck does it have.
    I am going to check it now
    Thanks again

6. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

61" with a 27hp might be under powered at times . . . I have a 2006 52" Turf Tiger with the same engine & it can be bogged down . . . 6" to 8" wet down to 2.25" one pass she starts to hunker down . .

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Well I guess so, you can bog anything down in the right conditions. I know you're just having fun but a 25/60 was the industry norm for years. My Lazer 27hp/60" cut has all kinds of power but I don't take 8" grass to 2" very often. Heck that would bog a 35 hp. Giving the guy a hard time, huh!

8. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

That's a great deal! I paid $8200 for a brand new '04 Turf Tiger with the 27hp Kawasaki LC about 6 months ago.

In addition, that one should have the foldable roll bar, adjustable handle bars, the new velocity deck and flat-free front tires.

Does it have the optional suspension seat? It would have the operator adjustment dial on the front of the seat and a lumbar support dial on the side.

Is this from an individual or a dealer?