2006 Scags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JMB, Oct 21, 2005.

1. JMB

JMB LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Anyone have any info on the new Scags. I was reading the Oct. issue of Turf magazine and I see a small Scag ad under GIE exibits and it looks like Scag is offering new decks called "velocity-plus" and new engine options.
    The Scag website doesen't have anything on the new models. I was getting ready to buy a new (2005)
    Turf Tiger at end of the year prices, but now I don't know what to do...lol.

2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I heard some talk about the new decks but havnt seen any info on them yet.From what i gathered the new decks have a wider discharge opening which makes it disperse the clippings better.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

The talk is a wider discharge opening on the decks,scag got sued by exmark don't know the story hearsay,the engines is a 24 hp briggs NOT A VG.

4. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

The TigerCub will be offered with a Brigg's ELS. It will not have a commercial air filtering system on it. It's going to be price at $5995.00. It will for the homeowner who wants a Scag at an affordable price. I think most commercial guys will pay the extra 500.00 (or so) for the Kawasaki with commercial air breather.

5. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I demo'ed a Turf Tiger with the 27 Koler and 52inch deck a couple of weeks ago. The engine was a little under powered for 2 weeks of growth(set up by me for the demo and cutting off 4 inches of St. Augutine). The blades bogged down a little at higher speeds, but the Velocity deck blew the grass out in a very wide "spray". I had just demo'ed the Wildcat about a week before with the 25 kawi and 52inch deck Advantage deck and it blew out clumps in the same situations. The wider opening allows for a wider spread but I don't think that it comes out any faster or farther.