2006 Walker Calender - We're In!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChestnutOaks, Jan 3, 2006.

1. ChestnutOaks

ChestnutOaks LawnSite Member

Everybody try and take a look at the 2006 Walker Calender "Beautiful Places" and turn to March. Chestnut Oaks from Greenville, SC!!

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

do you have a picture of it?

3. ChestnutOaks

I'll try and scan one and get it up real quick......

4. tiedeman

from earth

thanks, I would love to see it

5. ChestnutOaks

Here is just the picture from the calendar. The sub-title talks about how the yard has an 8-hole "golf course" on it.

calendar1 (Custom).jpg

6. tiedeman

from earth

heck just that lawn alone looks like a fairway. Nice looking work there :)

7. ChestnutOaks

thanks, zoysia rocks come spring/summer! We have a couple of yards that will put that one to shame, but they wanted flowers, etc. in the picture and didn't have time to put some in and all before the photo deadline. One of our yards is cavalier zoysia, which no one has around it, and it is like heaven come summer, lol. Still though, fescue is 75% of the grass we cut here, so hopefully we'll have a good chance at the $1,000 prize for the 2007 calendar. We're going to take a picture of our personal yard which will have about 2 acres of beautiful fescue and literally thousands of azaleas when they start blooming around april or so!

8. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

cavalier zoysia is a nice turf. I like the finer blades that it has over meyers and emerald. Seems to be a bit more drought hardy too.

Nice work!

9. ChestnutOaks

I like cavalier zoysia, but mostly here it's either emerald or zenith. All of them are nice though.

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I like crabgrass...that way the client has way less expectations of you :laugh: