1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2006 ZTR Pricing VS 2007

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GravelyGuy, Apr 14, 2007.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

How much would you guys expect the dealer to come down on a 2006 model ZTR? The mower sits outside all the time so it has some rust on things like the hardware, muffler, etc.

I can get a new 2006 Gravely 260Z for $7900 from one dealer or get a brand new one out of the crate from another dealer for $8388. These small things bother me because I take care of my stuff.

I have kind of commited to the $7900 mower, but I can still back out.

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

id take the $488 for a bit of surface rust its going to get its first wash anyway
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I would take the cheaper of talk the other dealer down.
  4. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I am going to see if I can get him to come down. What do you guys think would be reasonable?

5. johnwon

johnwon LawnSite Senior Member

Read the specs on both of them real close.....The best I can tell Gravely made a better machine in 2006 than they are now making in 2007. The 2006 should have the full suspension seat where they now only offer it now on the XDZ. And if their web site is correct the 2007 260M has smaller hydro pumps and wheel motors than what came standard on the 2006 260M. I would pay more for the 2006 than I would for the 2007. I'm not sure which exact model number you are looking at....."the engine choice make it a slightly different model number" but unless the 2007 has a better engine on it than the 2006 your looking at, I'd buy the 2006. Don't take my word for all of this but do compare before you buy. I still have the 2006 specs on the different models if you want to tell me the exact model number...should be a number like 992131 or 992132 etc.
  6. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Johnwon, it is a 2006 XDZ and a 2007 XDZ being compared. I don't know what the model number is.

It is the 260Z XDZ with the 26HP Kawi, liquid cooled, manual lift deck.

Thanks for the help. :)
  7. puddin' pie

puddin' pie LawnSite Member

i bought my 260m for, $7,799.00 new last year!!!!
    do you live by ft.wayne???? ever deal with mutton power?
  8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We just bought our Gravely (152M XDZ) and he said it was a left over 2006 but after everything was said and done it was a 2007. We picked it up for 6997.00. It came with a 23hp kawi, suspension seat, foot assist deck lift and obviously, the XDZ deck. Havent had the chance to use it yet. Bagger unit was 1700.00, I'm sure this will speed things along.
  9. johnwon

johnwon LawnSite Senior Member

Ok...as far as I can tell Gravely did not cheapen the XDZ series. If both units have the exact same engine then it may be a toss up. The only difference I can read in the specs is the 2006 model list Parker TG 18ci wheel motors and the 2007 list Parker TF 18ci wheel motors....I have no idea what is different between the TG and the TF. Most likely your salesman will not know or even know that they are different. If anyone knows the difference...please post what you know about this for all of us who just want to be educated in all these sorts of things. Thanks
  10. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Sure have! Won't ever do that again. They are crooked!

I'd recommend that you NOT purchase anything from Mutton Power Equipment. They have the worst customer service. They made me numerous promises and failed to come through on all of them. Caught the owners daughter (my sales person) in numerous lies. They don't return email or phone calls. Pre-sale they are great, post-sale forget about it. I'm in the process of filing a claim with the BBB now.

They basically pulled a bait and switch on me. Shipped me a damaged unit, told me they would order another one, recieved an email saying it was ordered. Then they canceled the order with no notice. They tried to charge me an additional $800 for the same thing! Quote from JD @ Mutton, "We sold you that first one at near our cost, if we have to order another to replace the damaged one we INTEND to make our normal margins. Maybe you should have kept the damaged one" Are you kidding me, pay $5500 for a completely damaged new tractor? Great customer service. They caused the damage in the first place. So I had to take off another day of work to baby sit the unit and wait for the shipping company to pick it up.

Thanks James Mutton! That great quote above? The king of customer service, JD, the owners son-in-law. At least they keep the poor customer service in the family.