1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2007 Chevy 2500HD Rusting need help

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by rogerclark, Jun 26, 2009.

1. rogerclark

rogerclark LawnSite Member

Make a long story short. Bought a new 2007 2500hd Chevy in Nov 07'. Noticed small rust spots all over truck the next spring( Mayish 08). Local dealer called in rail dust ( Brake pad debris from the transport of vehicle on railroad.)Took a clay bar to vehicle to remove spots, only to have show up fall of 08. Small scenario April of this year,clay bar used again only to show up 3 weeks later. The entire vehicle has these spots, although dealer says rail dust usually only occurs on the bottom half of vehicle. Now dealer says it atmosphere is causing this problem and refuse to do anything. Never heard of anything falling out of the sky that causes an 18 month old truck to rust?? Anyone else have this problem, I wanna sue someone, but do not know proper course of action...............
  2. doug1980

doug1980 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2007 GMC 2500HD with no rust at all. If I did I would be pretty pi$$ed though.
  3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I had the same problem with my truck. It was sitting on the lot for about 7 months. I never looked under the truck until about a week or two after i bought it and noticed the same thing. I brought it in, and they painted the whole underneath for me free of charge.
  4. rogerclark

rogerclark LawnSite Member

I dont have the prob on the bottom of the trucks. Mine is all over the body. White trucks are suppose to be worse, mine even has it on the roof. I'm so mad I am thinkin' bout trading the truck off just to be rid of it...........
  5. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Rotor rust could be the cause. I know GM put a set of ceramic pads on a friend of mines truck to cure the problem a few weeks ago. So far so good.
  6. ZTR_Diesel

ZTR_Diesel LawnSite Senior Member

Get a hold of GM cutomer service at the corporate level. Be sure to let them know about your local dealer's lack of response. If they won't help you tell them you'll start a lemon law filing. There is no excuse for this - get after them.
  7. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

GM's come with a 7 or 10 year warranty against corrosion, I would talk to another dealer or call GM. if that don't work threaten a lawyer
  8. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

9. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Whats threatening a lawyer going to do?! :)

I had alot of issues with my Gm. None like this. But anyway i ended up calling corporate and that got something done. Go there now and you should be taken care of.
  10. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

wonder if this is one of the dealerships that;s being closed down..