1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

2007 Fastrac 54" 21 Kawasaki wiring issue

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by 69lt1bird, Jun 26, 2007.

1. 69lt1bird

69lt1bird LawnSite Member

I have a 21/54 and really like the quality and strength of this mower. I found a charging circuit issue. The purple wire that goes to the front right side of the engine is too short. I had a dead battery the other day and had to jump start the mower. I was cutting the grass and stopped and turned it off for a minute and it would not restart. I began to look around and found the wire was pulled off a terminal on the engine. It appears to plug into a distribution block of some kind, I am not sure what they call it, but the wire is under tention when connected. Hustler may want to look into their harness routing or wire length for this circuit. I looks like circuit 14 in the schematic.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It plugs into the voltage regulator.
    E-mail me your model and serial # and I will have them look into the wiring routing.
    I am going to go out and look at the same unit in my garage when I get home.

Pj

3. 69lt1bird

69lt1bird LawnSite Member

PJ,
    Model# 928291
    Serial# 07011366

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Got it.
    Thank you.

Pj