2007 Fastrak differences - axles?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Knukey, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Knukey

Knukey LawnSite Member

I read from another post the new models have the following differences:

"The drive system is different, the new units use ZT series axles with spin on oil filters.Y ou have new gas tanks with sight gages and larger gas cap's, a rubber discharge chute, more engine options, taller thicker rear bumper, seat with a slide adjustment and a thicker frame."

Is the ZT (2800 I believe) with spin on oil filters (not sure if I understand this) a big improvement over the previous model? Sure sounds good.

How much thicker is the frame?

I'm looking at either a non-current 20hp Kohler Command/52" or new model 19hp Kawasaki/48" for about the same price and I'm trying to decide.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The ZT's are full commercial axles, they are a newer design than the IZT's.
    They have spin on automotive type oil filters, the older IZT's have a screen type filter that inserts in the units.
    The frame on the new 48/54 FasTrak's is 1.5 in x 1.5 in x .188 in square steel tubing.
    The 44/52 FasTrak's are 1.5 in x 1.5 x .125 in square steel tubing.
    Regardless, both are strong as can be and have lifetime warranties.
    For the same price... I would go with the 19/48, it is a v-twin engine compared to a single cylinder Kohler.

3. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I've read on this site that the ZT 2800's come in different configurations. Which ones does Husler use on the 2007 Fastracks? I'm looking at the 19HP KAI if it matters.

Do they have charge pumps, release valves?

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes they have the charge pumps and release valves, they also have the spin on filters.