2007 ford super duty

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Green Masters, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Green Masters

Green Masters LawnSite Member

Has anyone heard anything on the new 2007 ford superduty with the 6.4 TT powerstroke diesel? I have heard that it will be a twin turbo.

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Until I see an actual article with proof or a picture I don't believe it.

All the twin turbo talk started on ford-trucks.com last year.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Twin turbo is true, mainly to keep emissions at tier 3 levels with the anticipated increase in horsepower.

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've also heard the reasoning behind changing the engine again is because of emissions. I'll wait till the 07's come out and then buy me a nice new 06 with lots of rebates and low interest! The 03's had a lot of problems when they first came out and so will the 07's im betting!

5. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure they will be installing their usual hand grenade special transmissions to augment that twin turbo power as well. Ford makes great trucks, as long as you don't need to do any real serious work with them.

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

And thats why there are more Ford work trucks then any other? Next time your ride down the road and look at real work trucks keep a tally and I bet there are 4x as many Fords as any others. :) :)

7. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

If you combine GMc and Chevy together, they ouytnumber Ford, rightfully counted as one because they are the same.

And when you count that way, there are 1.5 times more GM trucks than Fords. Ford Truck division is actually GM's biggest most productive salesman.

8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Thats right, when it comes time for the REAL work a Chevy or "Jimmy" is in order

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Not in this area, it's mostly all FORD pulling the load..............:cool2:

10. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Explain how this can be? If you'll actually research the number of trucks sold by each manufacturer and not just spout opinion you would actually see the truth. The numbers are out there, just gotta search. Whether you go by total truck sales or full size truck numbers it's pretty close, but Ford has edged GM (GMC AND Chevrolet) just about every year for the last 15 years or so. So far for 2005 though, GM is ahead by about 50,000 units sold.

Just for the record, I'm NOT a FORD guy. I've owned Ford's, but probably never will again. From my experience, neither manufacturer makes a great turck. Each one excells in a catogory here or there, but each have their downfall. I am really looking forward to Toyota's introduction of their 3/4-1 ton truck in 2007. It should be an excellent truck, PLUS it'll force GM, Ford and Dodge to make better trucks.

Also Uniscaper...where do you get your "facts" about the transmissions? The new Torqueshift is almost a twin to the Allison 1000 series. Failures have not been common. Also, the Allison is just as prone to failure as well. Where I work we have about 22 trucks with the Allison. Within the last 4 years we've replaced either 13 or 15 units. ALL have been completely replaced under warranty while Allison was to "research" the problem.

Don't let the fact's get in the way of a good story though Uniscaper.