2007 Fuel Costs?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Eden Lights, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

I have been working on all my year end stuff the last couple of weeks and we have been so busy I really hadn't noticed how bad my fuel costs were for 2007 on two trucks, $7325.00. Maybe Sitelites will sell me his fleet of Honda wagons? How small could you go and have everthing you need?
  2. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what you mean with the fuel cost. I bought a used mazda truck to work out of. It is working for me.
  3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

We are at 3.06 per gallon for unleaded here currently. I bought a Dakota sport this year hoping to save on gas. The only one I found that I liked had a 5.9L - V8. Oh well, I still get about 18-20 per gallon, but boy can I pass you in a hurry.
  4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

I havent crunched my 2007 numbers yet, but in 2006 I put just under $6k in fuel through my Chev Z71. Put 23,000 miles on that year and total cost of operation of the truck was just under $19K

Make sure you are recuperating your soft costs / operation costs in all of your installations and service calls. They can sneak up and bite you in your bottom line if you are not careful.
  5. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I am operating out of my Ranger Supercab 4x4. With the back doors opening up also I can cram alot of crap in there besides utilizing the small box. Tim you could not only pass me faster but get better mileage doing it. My MPG sucks around 15. :(
  6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, my Ford F-150 gets about 15 MPG !!
  7. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Damn, I just looked at my fuel bill for 07 and it's over $19K!!! That's for 3 trucks and a car. I can just imagine what it will be in 08 since they are predicting gas to be over $4 by summer.
  8. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

as overhead increases so must the cost of our service.

I get about 18 in my siverado unloaded. Towing around 13-15. Makes a good argument for one of thoes sprinter vans.
  9. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

$60,000 + for all trucks & mowers, & other equipment. Really robs the bottom line.UGHHHHHHHHHHH
  10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

not to bad, i spent almost 5500 in fuel last year. will probly be the same or more this year.