2007 hustler super z trade for a walker what's it worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by advanced irrigation, May 2, 2007.

1. advanced irrigation

advanced irrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from tx

what is my '07 hustler super z with a 54" deck, 27 horse kohler, striping roller , mulch kit and 32 hrs? i wanna trade for a walker what would be a fair deal going through a dealer?

2. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

In a perfect world, they'd give you 1000 bucks less than you paid. In the real world, most likely they will offer you 2 grand less than you paid. Why? because they will have to sell the mower for at least 1 grand less than new, pay the salesperson 500 bucks and the dealer makes 500 bucks on it. If you bought a used mower, you'd want to pay less for it. If you sold a mower, you need your commission, and if you owned the place, why sell a usewd mower if you can't make anything on it? On a separate note- man, why go from a super z to a walker? I know walkers bag great, but the hustler runs circles around it on most everything else. ride, speed, ease of repair, employee training, etc. the walker does have a nice cut though,smooth, good luck.

3. advanced irrigation

from tx

well, it seems like the hustler bagging system is bulky. i would like to have it for the ease of spring and fall cleanup. handling clippings and leaves are really getting old with the quick 36 and the accelerator. scalping yards in the spring i can go about 20 ft and the side catcher is full, plus the quick 36 is eating belts like there is no tommorow. i want a dedicated machine that will bag and mulch. the hustler is just too big for most properties around here. 2000-25000 sq ft. and i have a lot of 36" gates i have to get in. the quick 36 is 38 inches wide so i still have to get the 21" out to do those yards. the hustler also doesnt cut as great as everyone says it does. the area i am in all of the LCO's use walker and i am starting to wonder why. i love the speed and quality of the hustler but the 2800 bucks for a bac-vac is redicioulous. 900 for an accelerator side catcher seems better but i would always be getting off to empty it and getting dirty at the same time. i guess everyone has an opinion. :hammerhead:

4. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I would trade ya if you were closer to Wa St. I love my Walker but I only bag 1 job per week, so it sits most of the time. I need another mulcher 52" would work. Don't know what a dealer would offer you.

5. advanced irrigation

from tx

i hate making expensive mistakes!

6. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I hear ya. I was lucky I bought this Walker from a friend who retired. He had about 400 hrs on it. I got a great deal. But since I have quit picking up the grass. I really don't mind keeping it around. Maybe I'll trade it toward a landscape tractor or something.