2007 polaris ranger

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV' started by bverboy, Jun 22, 2014.

1. bverboy

bverboy LawnSite Member

300 hrs, very straight utv..... new rubber...got any pros or cons, mechanical problems??? recalls?? any info appreciated.. thinking about buying it..

2. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Alabama

3. bverboy

bverboy LawnSite Member

will do thanks

4. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Alabama

No problem, I'm sure some people have one on here and they will chime in durability and any other concerns you might have.

5. bverboy

bverboy LawnSite Member

no recalls on them yet.. I guess that's a good sign

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

The engine mount breaks. This causes the drive belt to break prematurely. Source- I have a 2007 XP & Polaris won't admit to this problem.

7. burtle

burtle LawnSite Senior Member

I know Polaris is bad with transmissions. The forks inside don't hold up very well. I use to own one. Lasted a little over year before the transmission went out and I didn't even run it hard or put it through to much. Just normal stuff. The engine also vibrates a lot causing the mounts to break as the above poster mentioned. That's my experience anyway. I have a few buddies who have had the same issues.

8. bverboy

bverboy LawnSite Member

thanks.. I will check the motor mounts... sometimes it don't want to got in high gear.. grinds then catches

9. burtle

burtle LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, I'd stay away from it. The transmissions are a PITA to work on. If you pay someone to do it it'll be pretty expensive. I'd keep looking around and bit the bullet to spend more on something nicer.

10. bverboy

bverboy LawnSite Member

thanks for the input