2007 Predictions...?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by suprman9019er, Dec 2, 2006.

1. suprman9019er

suprman9019er LawnSite Member

Just wondering how you guys are predicting your 2007 season will be. How many accounts you guys will have? How many accounts you'll gain? If you'll make more than you did last year? and How much you'll spend on spring advertising?

Just curious and hoping to get some nice posts:waving:

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I am going to spend the exact amount on advertising in 07 as I did in 06...zero. As for # of accounts, I have no idea. Currently, I am looking at buying out 2 other LCO's and just came upon another that is up for sale. So we'll see...

3. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

After a three year down turn, we pulled out this year and will have our best year ever in 17 years. I hope to keep the momentum going into spring, all indications are that we should. We are booking Landscape construction projects now for Feb. Mar of 07. Spending on advertising, all we do is a couple of Lawn & Garden show's each spring, they do well for us. I trade out advertising for maintenance at a radio station/news paper. So that washes.

Looking forward to 07 right now, check back in June and we will see if I'm ready to choke the living sh** out of a few customers or not.

Good luck to everyone in 07

4. suprman9019er

Well Rodfather were all not like you haha some of us actually will have to advertise :laugh:

5. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

It is looking that gross could be up 35-60% of what it should have been for this year.. I am not really planning on advertising much, maybe just test out the direct mail idea and see what kind of results I get, and I want to get some money banked and everything paid off with '07's money... in '08 is when I plan to start a large advertising campain (probably mass direct mail) for at least that spring to get my name out better...

6. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I hope to keep 20. I cut part time and found this is the # I can do and put out quality work

7. Jlawnmow

Jlawnmow LawnSite Member

I spent $400 dollars on 200 sighs and hope to get 50 more yards. I'm planning on starting another crew.

8. suprman9019er

Let me know how those signs work out for you b/c im definately thinking about them in the coming years.

9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Well I am going to spend 20-25k on advertising.

Hey Rodfather,
    What percentage of gross are you going to offer to buy the accounts? I am considering buying out another company... I am thinking 7-10% of gross sales.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

depends on what equipment I might go for as well