2007 scag tiger cub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ocalalawns, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Ocalalawns

Ocalalawns LawnSite Member

I'm going to buy a 2007 scag tiger cub 48" with the 19 hp kawasaki. I understand the new velocity deck throws grass out the front. I'm in central Florida and will be cutting bahia grass. The dealer says they have changed the blade washers to thinner ones and it corrects this. Has anyone had this problem and is it so bad that you get dirt and leaves out the front. Otherwise have you had any other problems with these worth mentioning before I buy it?

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I haven't heard that... I think they do a better job than Hustler or Scag at not throwing grass out front. Dixie Chopper has to be the worst. I have noticed that on our TT that grass build-up on the top of the deck is pretty much non-existent.

3. mountianview

mountianview LawnSite Member

what are they talking on price? others on price ?

4. Ocalalawns

$6800 plus tax

5. mountianview

mountianview LawnSite Member

$6200 plus tax

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

They have that one with the 26hp Briggs on it too.

Is Scag extending the '06 promo price of $5,995 ?

7. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone tried making a blowout baffle for their scags, or any other mower? Hustler has a blowout baffle for the XR7 decks but it'll run you upwards of $90.

8. Ocalalawns

Well I bought the tiger cub with the 19hp kawasaki. I ended up paying $6600.00 plus tax, but they also gave me and extra set of scag blades, mulch plate, trailer hitch, both blade belts and a can of paint. I thought that was a good deal for a 2007. Now I need some grass to cut.

9. rickhise

rickhise LawnSite Member

Im located in south central ky, lots of you long timer's on here have shopped these comercial mowers, would a buyer find substanial savings going south, on new equipment or is it all a tade off, like to know if there is a 7-8 hundred savings heading south to purchase in the price range of 6000$- looking for commercial grade 60 inch cut there abouts

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats... that don't sound bad.

Keep us posted on how it does.