2007 scag tiger cub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ocalalawns, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Ocalalawns

Ocalalawns LawnSite Member

I'm going to buy a 2007 scag tiger cub 48" with the 19 hp kawasaki. I understand the new velocity deck throws grass out the front. I'm in central Florida and will be cutting bahia grass. The dealer says they have changed the blade washers to thinner ones and it corrects this. Has anyone had this problem and is it so bad that you get dirt and leaves out the front. Otherwise have you had any other problems with these worth mentioning before I buy it?

2. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Thats why there is a adjustable baffel on the underside of the deck . Owners manuel tell you where to set this by what type of grass you are going to be cutting to help with the blowout

3. ratchet

ratchet LawnSite Member

If you don't mind me asking, what will you pay for this machine?
    I'm looking at the same thing here in north Ga.
    Thanks

4. Ocalalawns

Ocalalawns LawnSite Member

They quoted me $6800.00 over the phone. I expect to deal and at least get them to throw in extra blades, belt, mulch plate and hitch. Worst case I leave with the mower only, but I have to try.

5. chuck bow

For the wildcat 52" 06 model which i just bought in dec ( maybe some still out there) i payed 7300.00 Back in 03 i payed 7000.00 for the tiger cub with the 24 horse honda . From looking at the mowers sitting in garage/ shop i think the wildcat was well worth the extra dollars over the cub. Same cub today with the honda sells for 8300.00 i think you pay for name

6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Chuck. I would look at the Wildcat after all its only a few more hundred dollars and you get a hydro oil cooler for longer life. Also the front tires are bigger on the wildcat. I am very pleased with my Wildcat it has been a great machine.

7. chuck bow

Mike have you got the velocity plus deck? and how does it cut how does it do in damp grass also i have yet to cut a blade of grass with it as it was bought in dec , If its as good as the cub or better i will certainly be pleased

8. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same mower,bought it in april so we cut alot with it last season the deck feathered the grass better with no clumping thumbs up.

9. chuck bow

great wish spring would come so i can cut and try it out

10. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

I got a 2006 Tiger Cub 48" with a 24hp briggs and paid 5999.00 got it in Oct. only mowed a few times with it done a good job used it for leaves the rest of the year.