2007 Scag Turf Tiger 35hp briggs vanguard out the door for 8999+tax

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smcunningham, Mar 4, 2008.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys think? It's air cooled.........Its an 07 left over model still in the crate........They had three of them three weeks ago...I need to decide asap...........like by friday...What difference are from 07 to 08 on the 35 briggs air cooled if any???????????
    Input/opinions

Also wanted to add that its coming from a dealer that I don't use. My current dealer where I buy supplies and handhelds don't carry scag

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a good deal. I was at my Scag dealer yesterday and a Turf Tiger 61 with a 29 Kawasaki DFI going for $11,600. I think the briggs goes for about the same price.

3. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

what size deck?

4. bladecutter582

bladecutter582 LawnSite Member

If I were you I would make a quick call to my local S rep and see what he says. The Kaw is the hottest engine in America today ( everyone wants one and everyone mounts one) I still love Koh to. The K's cost more than the Briggs in general.

5. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

61"

Thanks for the input.......Whats his #

6. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

That's what we're selling our 2008 26 LC Kaw/61" Wildcats for. That, my friend, is a DEAL.

7. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

According to my book, the 35hp briggs is only available in LC for 08, but was available in air and liquid cooled for 07. Also, on a side note...I want your distributor tb. I've got to sell my 08' 27 Kohler air cooled Wildcats for 8999.

8. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I just saw this and certainly hope you are already in possession of the TT. That is a very good price for that much mower and you will find out the 35 Vanguard is unbelievably strong.

9. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Last year i bought an 07 35 van 66 inch deck exmark for 10,999. it is a beast.

10. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know if i would buy a briggs for comercial mower........ See if he has a kawi of a kohler that you could buy.... but if not..... it still sounds like a good price