2007 Top 100 companies announced

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Ric, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

A competitive publishing company has listed the Top 100 companies of the Green Industry 2007 season.

1. True Green 1,510,872,000

2. Valley Crest 935,000,000

3. Brickman Group 609,000,000

4. Davey Tree Experts 506,138,000

5. Scott lawn Service 285,000,000

6. Bartlett Tree Experts 160,000,000

7. Gothic Landscape 133,000,000

8. Ambius formally Intial Tropical Plants 125,000,000

9. Weed Mann 90,806,800

10. Lawn Doctor 86,000,000

4 of the top 10 only do Lawn spraying. All of the Top Ten do some type of spraying.

2. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

It'ld be nice to see the numbers compared to a year ago. Trubrown has to be falling.

3. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

i think brickman droped 300 mil

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Honda Guy

TruBrown is up 1% from Last year

Valley Crest up 7%

Brickmann had a 30% increase over 2006.

Tru Brown is famous for purchasing income in the form of buying out small companies. They are also famous for losing many accounts each year. With 286 branch offices your area may be down big time while other sections of the country are up.

BTW Tru Brown is my best salesman followed by Scotts.

Out of respect for Moose River I will not post a link to a competitive Magazine.

5. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

Bartlett passed 100m within the last few years, don't remember exactly so showing steady growth and had their 100th anniversary last year. Still a family owned company too.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

PHS

Bartlett showed a 12.5% increase over last year and are expecting a 7% increase this year.

On the Negative side Gothic Landscape showed a 21% Decrease and Lawn Doctor was down 1%.

7. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I use to work for a company with a little over 4000 customers. True Brown as your calling them this time offered them $10,000,000. They turned it down.

They are on the top of the list of best supplier of customers also. I here True Brown and it just became an easy sale.

8. BocaChris

BocaChris LawnSite Member

Heh. I applied at Valley Crest about 6 months ago when things went down the drain at my workplace, they didnt hire me, said they couldnt pay me what I wanted...

9. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

The company that purchased chemlawn has a track record of increasing fortune 500 companies retention and making them more profitable then selling them again. The biggest reason this is now possible is they don't need to show thier stock holders flashes of false growth like they had in the past with servicemaster, as some of us on this site know who worked with them years ago it was just a big game of selling new customers each yeear then letting them drop off, then reselling them for less money preseason the following year and again showing them as growth or new customers, this stratagy was in place to show the stock holders what they were looking for.

10. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

That's their gross sales not how much they have sitting in a bank account. When you pull the total cost of doing business out of it the numbers look totally different.