2008 Bluebird S22 seeder

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lawnpro724, Feb 6, 2008.

1. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought a new Bluebird S22 seeder to replace my older model. I was wandering if anyone else has purchased this model. I have had good luck seeding with the older model and this new model seems built better with more features than past models.

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I'm actually thinking about that same unit myself. As much as I would like to purchase the Lawn Solution Hydro seeder I'm reluctant to spending another $3k+ this early in the game with little to no indication of local market demand for overseeding.

Anyhow what persuaded you to choose the Bluebird over a Clausen or other brand?

3. lawnpro724

I already had an older bluebird and it has served me well. The new S22 looks like a good improvement with several upgrades over the older model. Most of the seeding or overseeding we do are under 10,000sqf and mostly level ground so didn't need to spend $3000.00 and more for a hydro unit. I have been using Bluebird seeders since the early 90s and are they the greatest seeders out there, no but with that said they get the job done and there not nearly as bad as everyone on here believes. Every seeding job we've have done with Bluebird seeders has turned out great, with no complaints and there easier to use than most would have you believe.

4. Exact Rototilling

It's been mentioned here that the Husqvarna seeder is the same as the Bluebird. Any truth to this? The picture look similar but not the same.
    :confused:

5. mverick

mverick LawnSite Senior Member

Nope, not the same. It's Orange. :dancing:

Other then that. They are the Exact same.

6. lawnpro724

Yes they are the same machine. Bluebird makes the seeder for Husqvarna and Classen seeder is the same as the older bluebird model. www.alamia.com has the Bluebird seeder for $1,150.00 and the Husqvarna model is the same except the price is a hundred dollars higher.

7. Exact Rototilling

So is the Honda engine worth the extra $300? Typically what type of air cleaner do Hondas have vs. the Briggs?

I alway prefer oil soaked foam filters but I always use the motorcycle super tacky sticky stuff.

8. lawnpro724

In my opinion I don't think the Honda engine is worth the extra money. My older seeder had the Briggs engine on it and I never had a problem with it in over 15 yrs of use. With proper maintenance any quality engine will last for years of trouble free use. Most of my commercial mowers have either Kawasaki, Honda and the Briggs Vanguard engines on them and I've never had a problem with any of them. I still have and use an older Hahn front tine tiller thats seen regular use from the day it was purchased. The tiller is 23yrs old and has a Briggs 5hp engine that even today starts on the first pull, its the best front tine tiller ever made even when compared to today's models. Sorry for the tiller thing I just wanted to let you know that Briggs engines are good and the S22 seeder w/ Briggs engine has a paper element filter.

9. lawnpro724

Has anyone else purchased this seeder???

10. lawnpro724

Oh now I know I'm not the only one on this site to buy this seeder. How about some responses from those of you who have the new model.