2008 contracts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pbdlandscaping, Oct 13, 2007.

1. pbdlandscaping

pbdlandscaping LawnSite Member

When do most commercial accounts start looking forward to the 2008 season and start renewing or looking for new contractors? I got most of mine in February but i figured they may start earlier....?

2. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

This could be helpful info, anybody?

3. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I send mine out in January.

4. birdturd9726

birdturd9726 LawnSite Member

how do you go about landing these accounts. do you fax them proposals, or go in and talk to owner/manager? i have yet to land a commercial account. does it even benefit to have commercial accounts, or should i just stick with a bunch of residential's?

5. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, around here commercial property management groups sign in Aug. - Oct. of the year prior to service. I hope I can still catch some next spring, but I won't hang my hat on it.

6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Already signed a few for next year,I was already doing them, don't want anybody sneaking in.

7. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Our company does all condos. We deal with property managers who also deal with commercial. We stick to condos and they have been signing in the past 2 weeks for the 08 cutting season.

We find that the condos have more room to spend with their cutting budgets so we charge about 50% more than the regular lawn companies around here and we get the work because we also offer stucco repairs, cement laying, parking lot and parkade sweeping etc.. so they see us as more valuable and want our services even if it's more money.

That in a nutshell is how condos work. We don't do residential because condos offer at least 5 times more profit. Why would I work for less money?

:)