2008 Everride Scorpian FX Demo Price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spronk1, Feb 11, 2009.

1. spronk1

spronk1 LawnSite Member

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am looking at buying a 2008 Demo model Scorpian FX 52" fixed Deck. 19 Horse kawasaki motor.
    Unit has 102 hours on it, comes with a full warranty from date of purchase thru dealer for 2 years. 1 year full parts/material warranty and 2 years material on engine and spindles. Asking price is $2500. Machine appears to be in excellent condition.

Looking for some input on this machine as to if this is a good deal/price. I have never owned or used a Everride mower.
    any input would be greatly appreciated.
  2. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a deal. My dealer has a Scorpion 52" for $6200, I think. Can't remember exactly, but $2500 sounds great.
  3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Jus do it thats a steal
  4. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

DUDE...you need to jump on that deal YESTERDAY. My dealer has that same machine new for over $5k. IMO, demo is the only way to buy. YOu get a mower that has a few hours on it like this one plus you let someone else take the kick in the teeth on the depreciation. PLUS you get the full warranty to boot.
  5. spronk1

spronk1 LawnSite Member

you guys convinced me. I went back to dealer today and took it out for a test spin. It started and ran perfect. There were alot more scratches on the deck than I originally thought but everything seemed to check out great.
    So I bought it. Going to go back and pick it up this w/e.
    Thanks again for the input.
  6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

you will NOT be disappointed. Lawn Enforcer is from up there in your neck of the woods and he runs two Scorpions and LOVES them.