2008 Exmark Metro 21"

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by joed, Mar 2, 2008.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I've settled on purchasing an Exmark Metro 21" for the upcoming season. However, I can not decide between the honda or kawasaki engines. I'm leaning toward the honda but have a couple of questions:
    1. Your 2008 brochure lists the honda powered unit as having a top speed of 4.5 mph but at the end of the brochure, the honda powered unit is listed as having a top speed of 4.1 mph. Which speed is correct?
    2. How is the honda, in terms of power and torque, in comparison, to the kawasaki? We have a lot of wet, lush spring growth in the spring and need power to cut through it.
    3. The honda powered unit is $200 more. Is the honda engine that much better?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

joed,

I'm going to let some of the other guys and gals on here answer your question about which engine to go with. Below are some other answers:
    1. I think the 4.1 mph is closer to the actual speed of the machine
    2. We don't have this information readily available. The engine manufacturers websites will have this information though.
    3. ?? I'll let other users respond.

Thanks,
    KC

3. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

never had a honda but had 9 kawi's with no problems.

4. toddy204

toddy204 LawnSite Senior Member

I go with all Kawasaki on my Metros. The 21" Metro is by far the best 21" mower on the market. They are real close to the Toros but have much better hand controls!! Just my .02.