2008 Exmark Triton

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toddy204, Mar 15, 2008.

1. toddy204

toddy204 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone running a 2008 Exmark 60 with a Triton Deck? How do you like it? Quality of cut? Any issues? Tired of hearing about the first year Exmark Triton screw up. The first ones were junk. That is proven. Even said by reps at Exmark. They changed things, improved things so lets here about them now. Exmark is the #1 selling mower for a reason.

2. toddy204

toddy204 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have anything?

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

You just have to test one out in your part of the country during the lush Spring growth period (preferably damp or moist conditions) to get an idea how it will preform. Like the one guy said there is a 50/50 split with some loving the new deck and some hating it. My dealers report no problems here but than again a dealer is not the best person to ask. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to demo during growing season and not jump the gun on buying any ZTR now. Good luck, sorry but the jury is still out even with the improvements.

4. juspayme

juspayme LawnSite Senior Member

exmark is now offering the ultra cut on the full size lazer 60 inch cut only. they offer it on the as model, but now they are offering it on the full size too because there triton is bunk. they are also bringing back the tri advantage on some smaller models.

5. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i run both the triton and ultracut 60 inch decks and i do not notice a difference in the cut and in wet grass they both clump up

6. cemeteryman

cemeteryman LawnSite Member

I ran 07 exmark 60"triton with 31hp vanguard and loved the cut. Have bought 08 same set up and can't wait for green grass to mow.

7. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping LawnSite Member

Glad to hear this, just bought an 08 Exmark HP 46" with 19 hp kaw, bagger, etc... it has the triton deck. I did a demo last fall, liked the cut, but only made a few cuts with it, never really tried it out, went ahead and bought it.

8. B Stove

B Stove LawnSite Member

Me too!! But 1 thing I can say is that I love my exmark, through thick and thin.. Makes me money and I reward my mower by taking it to the wash twice a week during the season. lol :gunsfirin

9. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I ll put the cut of my Triton up against any other brand out there.

10. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I like my triton, I mean by no means am I crazy about it, but it cuts good.