2008 f-350 gas milage

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by EOS, Jun 3, 2008.

1. EOS

EOS LawnSite Member

I have a 2008 f-350 6.0 diesel i get 9mpg anybody else own one of these? and what kind of mpg are you getting

2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ouch. :cry: Is that towing?

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

do you mean 6.4?

4. EOS

EOS LawnSite Member

my mistake 6.4 and it is 9mpg empty or towing a 16' enclosed trailer

5. LoneWolfLandscapes

LoneWolfLandscapes LawnSite Member

yep.... 8.4 to 9.4 MPG on mine when towing 20' enclosed. Not a lot better when just me (11 if im lucky).

Try some fuel conditioner. It got me 1 mpg better with less regen's. Just have to remember to buy the stuff.... DOH!

6. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is a f350 crew cab long bed 4x4. It started out at 13 but is now up to 15.5. First oil change at 1500 mi to Amsoil and a cold air kit is on the way. I drive it like I have a hot cup of coffee between my legs. I have not towed anything with it yet. It says with the FX4 package you get 3.73's but the dealer told me they are actually 3.55's. If anyone cares i'll find out for sure.

7. LoneWolfLandscapes

LoneWolfLandscapes LawnSite Member

I have 3.73's,Crew Cab, Lariat, SB, Auto, 4WD, with 2" level and 33" BFG AT's. Best truck I have ever owned, but sucks fuel like my old V-10 ram. In comparison, My 2006truck was exactly the same with the 6.0L and it got consistant 13 mpg towing and 15.5 empty. To bad a Toyota Avalon ran a light and turned it into a boomerang.

8. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

You can get even more MPG with Amsoil diesel fuel additives, and reduce ownerships costs with Amsoil By-pass engine oil filtration systems, and reduce your oil change intervals significantly I have over 1 year or about 54,000 miles on my current diesel no oil change, or oil consumption

9. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

54K on an oil change;)...wouldnt want to buy that one used...
    Is it under warnty yet? Wouldnt tell the dealer about it. Even syn oils need to be changed sooner then that..:usflag:

10. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

thats what oil analysis are for. I don't assume the oil is bad or good by a visual inspection? I draw off oil samples to have them tested. Currently my Amsoil is at 9TBN the oil was at 12TBN over a year ago most conventional & synthetics oils start out below 9TBN. Anything below 3TBN it's time to change your oil, most oils are below 3TBN at 3,500 miles to 7,500 miles.