2008 F350SD Problems....

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by thepawnshop, Jan 10, 2008.

1. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my first Ford....a BEAUTIFUL F350 Lariat LOADED. I drove it for two days with a distinct "ticking" noise (I sincerely thought it was normal with the new twin turbo engine). On a hunch that the sound wasnt quite right I went back to the dealer and test drove another truck and it had no ticking so I left my new baby at the service department for troubleshooting.

Well, it's 4 days later, the heads are off my truck and I am stuck in a loaner Crown Victoria. The dealership said that they are waiting for the International rep to come in (it's an International engine) as they have no idea what teh issue is, but other than that, I'm in the dark.

I only have 500 miles on the truck and have only been in posession of it for less than one week (I picked the truck up on Wednesday and called them on Friday to let them know I was going to bring it in on Monday, which I did).

I know the "Lemon Law" does not apply (yet), but do any of you guys have any advice for me?

Thanks!

2. Southern Signature

Southern Signature LawnSite Member

Is it a diesel?

3. thepawnshop

Yes....the new 6.4L twin turbo. Of course the dealership claims they have never seen this before and I have no reason to doubt them. They seem hesitant to do anything without first consulting with the International reps.

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn LawnSite Member

Nope, its the new regular unleaded twin turbo International V8:hammerhead:

I think it is obvious that is is a blem. I would tell the dealer to give you a new truck after all you only had it 2 days and the problem existed from day one. I would be pissed, brand new truck and its already ripped apart :cry:. I guess thats what $50,000 gets you now a days.

Lemon Law is a joke, in Minnesota anyway. 07' Duramax has just stopped running while I am driving 6 times now. Pulls like 20+ error codes but the dealer cant seem to find anything wrong with it. They just clear the codes and wait for the truck to come back in. It breaks every 1,000 miles.

5. thepawnshop

The Lemon Law in Virginia is pretty clear....but to qualify the vehicle has to either be in the shop 30 days or 3 times for the same problem. I have a feeling that this baby will leak some type of fluid after being torn apart....

I am gonna give them the benefit of doubt for a few more days yet, though I know to get a dealer to put you in a new vehicle is harder than gettin Al Quaida to talk...

I always buy new to try to avoid this kinda Sh%T....no such luck this time!

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Buying new is one thing, but I personally would never buy first gen of a new vehical, to much new technology. Anyways try http://www.superdutydiesel.com, lots of stuff on there about the 6.4.

Cheers
    Jeff

7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn LawnSite Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh: very true

So they ripped it apart without a clue what was going on with it :confused:? I would hope they will just drop a new motor in.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

You might try www.fordtrucks.com/forums Thats a pretty good site as well! If it were me, I'd be talking to the dealer about getting me into another truck!

9. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I have not heard anything about a knock with the 6.4's. i heard about it on th 6.0 tho...ended up bein an injection issue. i would wait and see what they say. but! only 5 days in....i think id be doin everything i could to talk to the owner of the dealership. i dont think i would leave there without getting a new truck. dam these new emmision friendly engines!! their all junk!

10. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Dang $50k + and you only get to enjoy it for a few days...?? It would be very hard for me not to raise hell after going back in there. Hopefully its somthing simple and you get your new baby back. Good luck and keep us informed por favor