2008 Kubota M6040

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by LwnmwrMan22, Feb 23, 2008.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Just picked this up on Feb. 22.

It's a 60 hp Kubota, 4 wheel drive. I had a 2001 Kubota 4330 that I traded in with 1900 hours on it and still got $17,000 trade value, so it helps with some of the purchase price here.

Some of the options you don't see is I have both an 8' bucket for light materials, and a 7' bucket for heavier products. I also have a 6' grapple bucket for doing tree / firewood work.

I had them put an 80 amp alternator on it as well, as I may have plans to use it for snow removal in the future, just figured I'd put it on now, rather than later.

Here are some pics of the tractor, there's more pics of the options as I go.

The boys 221.JPG

The boys 222.JPG

The boys 223.JPG

The boys 227.JPG

2. LwnmwrMan22

The first picture is the option for the Kubota Shockless Ride. It takes the jarring out of the loader when it has a load, when you're running over rough ground.

The second picture is of a handle for the single lever hydraulic coupler. One lever now detaches and attaches the hydraulic hoses when removing the loader assembly.

We use a 15' mower behind this tractor for mowing, and now it'll be easier to drop the loader arms in the past, rather than just run with them on.

The boys 228.JPG

The boys 229.JPG

3. LwnmwrMan22

Here are pictures of the air ride seat.....

The CD player along with the controls for the heat and air conditioning....

And the digital readout dash, along with the tach, fuel guage and temp guage.

The boys 2 133.JPG

The boys 2 134.JPG

The boys 2 136.JPG

4. LwnmwrMan22

The first picture is somewhat fuzzy, but it's a picture of the 3rd function control valve on the loader control.

Now when I operate the grapple on the bucket, it's just a push of the thumb to open and close.

The next picture is of the width of the rear tires. I put my shoe there to give it some perspective. I wear a size 11.

Also a picture of the weight box. It holds 2/3 yard of sand or concrete.

The boys 2 135.JPG

The boys 2 138.JPG

The boys 2 139.JPG

5. LwnmwrMan22

The last picture I have right now is the lever for the hydraulic self leveler.

This keeps the loader attachment, whether a bucket, pallet forks, grapple, at the same angle to the ground when you move it up or down, rather than having to "feather" the bucket as you lift.

Mostly going to be used when I load pallets onto racking for my fertilizer and ice melt. I'm tired of not paying attention to the angle and having bags slip off and bust open.

Also... for those that are interested in technicalities, here are the specs....

http://kubota.com/f/products/M5040specs.pdf

If you got any questions, or want to see pics of anything else, let me know...

The boys 2 140.JPG

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Very nice tractor. Should pay for itself many times over.

7. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed. Now lets see it out on the jobs.

8. LwnmwrMan22

9. LwnmwrMan22

Yes, the 4330 helped me gross about $300k in the 6 years I owned it.

This tractor goes along with the 2007 Kubota ZD331 / 72", and a 2006 Kubota ZD28 / 60".

10. LwnmwrMan22

If I can get the motivation to get out and do some more firewood, I'll take some pictures there. Other than that, we're about 3 months out until actual turf work.