2008 Marketing Campaign

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DiGiTLawncare, Feb 20, 2008.

1. DiGiTLawncare

DiGiTLawncare LawnSite Member

Well well well 2008 is coming quick and I am actually gettin pretty excited about it. I have most of my marketing campaign put into place for the next two and a half months and I have to make big things happen! Here is a quick run down on what I am going to be doing to try and pick up some good work for 2008

March 17th 5000 flyers put out by newspaper insertion
    March 17th my website will be fully operational
    I will have 6 signs put out on corners that are being made by a sign shop promoting my website as well.
    I am getting my website address put on my truck/trailer to complement my other signs already on the trailer and parking it at Lowes on a busy street here in town.
    I have 2000 flyers to put out by hand by March17th
    I also have an ad in the classifides right now that will be running for a month.
    If the first batch of 5000 flyers turns a decent reply i will put out 5-10K more in April by newspaper also.
    My company work shirts will be finished by the 17th
    New business cards being made now.
    Looking at buying some software also by full time cutting season.

What are some of you guys doing to advertise for the 2008 season that is coming quick?

Good Luck
    Don

2. Kortas

Kortas LawnSite Member
    from Arizona

I just ok'd an ad in yellowpages.com. They claim to have about 2000 hits between all sections and I'll be placed 3rd.

Outside of that, I do a lot of pay-per-click ads to drive business to the website.

Any thoughts on yellowpages.com? Any good/bad luck with them?

3. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

I am trying some post cards this year along with door hangers and a classified ad. How much are you paying for the newspaper insertions?

4. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

News paper inserts myself man! Mind if I see your instert design?

Edit- This is what I will be sending out in a couple of weeks:
    (couldn't convert the actual file to the correct format to upload..so I just took a screen shot)

its two sided, shown is the front and the back

[​IMG]

5. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Your web address looks duplicated on the right side.

It looks great!

6. DiGiTLawncare

DiGiTLawncare LawnSite Member

I actually do not have mine designed yet I just have all the information together will be sending it in for design by Friday though and will update from there! Yours looks good though mine is not going to be a picture however just a more tradition flyer design.

7. Adam3669

Thats great man, Id love to see it when you get it all designed. Yeah they caught that double website typo and called me and told me not to worry about it.

8. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

How much are u guys paying for newspaper insert ads. Nice ad lawn tek. Did u do that urself or have a designer make it?

9. Adam3669

Well I got the basic Idea from the goher website..sent that in to the Paper and they did some changes and made it look 100x better for free. I'm agreeing to have 10k sent out, and at that quantity it comes out to $62/thousand. If I do 20k it drops to $48/thousand. They let me pick zip codes and everything..it's a great service and im hoping to see great results from it!

10. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

Good luck I have used the val pak services in the past with very poor results and tehy where sent to 20k homes.