2008 nissan titan crew cab

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Wright42, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Wright42

Wright42 LawnSite Member

any feed back on this rig. looking at one owned by homeowner. 95000 mostly highway miles. if purchased will be coupled to 16 foot enclosed v nose. never heard anything bad about the Nissan other than it is rather thirsty!!!

2. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

I've owned mine for almost 5 yrs (2009 Titan), and have around 48,000 miles on it and have never had a problem, other than replacing tires & battery. Like you said, it is thirsty when pulling a trailer (about 10-11 mpg). I've pulled a 16 ft trailer from day one, and last year got an 18 ft trailer. Very good truck with rock solid engine.

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Consult Consumer Reports at your library. Usually near the end of the year they'll have a used vehicle edition as well as a small CR Buying Guide book for subscribers. They maintain fairly detailed/compiled subjective data as related by owners. According to the 2013 edition that looks back to '06 and newer, the '07 rated a bit better than '08, fwiw.

As a Nissan Frontier ('00 / 4cyl / 5sp) owner, I couldn't be more impressed with my truck. It has been a rock. Over 160K with only an alternator and the brakes both replaced once. Still on original clutch.
    :weightlifter:

4. nismothunder

nismothunder LawnSite Member

Engine and tranny are fine. The rear axle is the weak link in the early models. I don't remember if they ever did fix it. But the Spider gears in the rear axle (Dana 44) were cast using a cheaper methed. But from what I remember that was roughly the 04-07 models.

5. 9ball1018

9ball1018 LawnSite Member

I have a 2004 and the engine and trans are fantastic 155000 not one mechanical problem. The spider gears did fail in mine as well as the axle seal. I replaced the chuck with a Detroit limited slip rear end and it will go now.