2008 Predictions

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by LawnMastersTx, Jan 19, 2008.

?

Prediction for 2008 Season

Poll closed Jan 23, 2008.
  1. Yes it will be better

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No it will be worse

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. No change

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

Simple question - Do you think the 2008 season will be better or worse than 2007?

2. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

here were i'm @ it will be better. we are already getting a few calls for new service for the spring.. more calls then last year..

3. greenspaceny

greenspaceny LawnSite Member

From last year to this year.We are also getting more calls and work sold for this upcoming season.

4. Bob-Cat#1

Bob-Cat#1 LawnSite Member

With a deep recession seeming inevitable, I think the big time lawn care guys will be thinned out, and I think if a lot of people end up losing jobs, that every guy with a mower, trailer, and a truck will be out undercutting all the big guys. I hate to be pessimistic, but If that recession hits look out... but let's hope I'm wrong.

5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Isn't that already going on? haha.

Yea I'm waiting for it to get worse. Figured make as much money as I can while I can and wait for the bad times to roll.

6. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

This winter seemed to have thinned out a lot of companies that popped up due to the heavy rainfall here last year. I plan on getting my name out there more and went ahead and got my irrigation license. If everyone starts mowing, i can fall back on doing sprinkler repairs, at least with that, you have to have a state license to work on them.