1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Stander 48" fixed deck

Discussion in 'Wright Manufacturing, Inc. (Archived)' started by Alpha Property, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, i flipped through the owners manual but nothing really jumped out at me, i was wondering if there was some way to put the mower in "neutral" disengage the drive motors so i can push the unit around without starting it. i know on my toro time cutter there 2 rods at the back that you push in and then the machine will just free wheel.
    this unit also has the smaller 17hp kawi motor on it, i heard some people complain about being underpowered but i got a deal on it and i'm taking my chances with it, but i was also wondering about mulching blades, with my scag w/b and toro z i side discharges with mulching blades on and i found that it chopped the grass fine enough and blew it far enough that it wasn't noticeable. is there a brand or type of mulching blades you recommend?
    and last question for now, i was wondering about setting the deck up, i'm looking for a base height of 3.25", now do you recommend having the blades higher or lower inside of the deck, or adjust the front casters? us there a rake % that should be factoring in to have the front of the deck lower than the rear?

I hope this makes sence, and thanks in advance for the help

2. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

There should be a lever on the back of each hydro pump that you can use to bypass the pump. That will allow it to freewheel. That lever is actually a small bolt that gives you leverage.

3. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

ohhh ok, so thats what they were, lol i thought they looked kinda funny there