2008 super duty problems

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by supercuts, Dec 7, 2007.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

hello everyone, my 08 f350has 900 miles on it now. i love the truck so far but it seems that the steering has a slight pull to the left. i took it in for an allignment and they said it should hve been pulling to the right. after, it still seems to have a slight pull to the left. not much at all but almost as if you need to keep presure against the wheel. anyone esle with one feel this?

2. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I assume you have checked tire inflation.
    Might be worth it to take it to someone you trust outside the dealership, just to make sure. My tire man would probably let me check my alignment on his new super-dooper laser pimp daddy alignment rig if I asked him nice.
    I hope the '08s are good trucks; I will probably be in the market for an '08 in 4 or 5 years.

3. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

is it while coasting or applying the brakes?

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

have not heard that one yet...could be a suspension issue. yeh take to a diff dealer or a trusted tire shop.

5. supercuts

its while driving down the highway. i dont notice it much around town. like i said, its very mild. its not like a take my hand off the wheel and it immediately drives off the road, but its a brand new $45k truck and i would expect it to be perfect.

its while costing/driving, not while braking

6. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

All highways are "crowned" to allow water to drain off...my 04 F250 does the same thing and tires and alignment are perfect...try switching lanes to see if it drifts in the opposite direction...mine does. In other words in the "slow lane" it should drift slightly to the RIGHT...In the fast or "passing lane" it should drift to the LEFT. I know exactly what you are talking about because I have to keep pressure on the steering wheel too.

7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

if you take it to any thing other than a dealer, don't you risk voiding the warranty because it would have been repaired by someone other than a dealer ??

8. supercuts

i completely agree, it does it on both sides. worse when im in the left lane but it always pulls left and in both lanes. i thought perhaps, at times, the entire highway is crowned to one side because it always strays to the left. ill take it back in as soon as im done working in the next week or so

9. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Swap the front tires, left to right. If the problem follows, you have a bad tire, if it stays the same, you have an alignment issue. If it's an alignment issue, try the dealer again first. If no luck, find a shop that does nothing but alignments. A good front end guy knows how to set the camber for the crown of the roads. These new alignment machines are made for dummies. They have a red and green area, go or no go... as along as its green they say its alright. BS!

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Keep in mind any new truck comes with the cheapest tires they can get it sounds like you got a bad tire. As xcopterdoc said try swap side to side if it pulls to the other side then you got bad tires.

Have you hit any bumps really hard ?