2009 Fertilizer Program - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by jondcoleman, Aug 29, 2008.

1. growingdeeprootsorganicly

growingdeeprootsorganicly LawnSite Senior Member

what month is your rd 4 in? if lime is needed? how do you know? what liming product would be best for that site? maybe ph fine but ca is low?
    late fall would be a better time or even better split apps spring/fall is needed
    JMO

2. jondcoleman

jondcoleman LawnSite Member

I have been doing it in the fall, but I visited another company who applies in the summer and it seemed like a good idea to me because we are MUCH busier in the fall than summer. Is there a problem with that? I will take soil tests and if I find that the customer doesn't need it I won't do it.

Thanks!

3. growingdeeprootsorganicly

growingdeeprootsorganicly LawnSite Senior Member

lime will be better utilized in the soil in the fall, soil ca is very of looked
    liming isn't just for ph

4. jondcoleman

Hi Runner,

The reason I upped it to the 24-0-11 was for the K. How much K do you put down in the year and when do you apply it? Thanks!

I appreciate everyone's help!

Jon

5. jondcoleman

Unfortunately, we can't apply and P except when overseeding here in MD I am pretty sure.

Thanks!

6. jondcoleman

On LESCO's website, the 19-0-6 is about $5 cheaper per bag (at least with my pricing). Is that enough to make you encourage me to use the 19-0-6? Just trying to learn here... Thanks!

7. jondcoleman

Ok, so what about applying 19-0-6 .0015 at 2.89 lb/M?

2.89x43.56x.0015 = .1888 x 2 = .3776

Would you do that?

That would give me .55 lbs/N on each round.

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Sure. 2.89 lbs per thousand using the .15 Dimension should work well. But I am from Michigan. Your conditions are different. God luck Jon.