2009 renewals out

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tlg, Feb 6, 2009.

1. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

Our renewals went out last week. Response so far has been normal. We are taking in about 2k a day on residential work prepays. Commercial work is it's usual slow prepay pace. Cancels so far are normal with normal reasons. Only have had a few so far that were " economy related ". Up sells are really lagging so far with limited response. It's a little early to tell how it will pan out though. Has anybody else sent out their renewals? How's your response been so far?

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Mine should hit around Wednesday or Thursday and I think I am going to be really lucky as it is supposed to be in the 40's and 50's this week!

Hopefully it will put everyone in a good mood and they will prepay!

Never been this warm in February that I remember! Dang global warming is real man!

3. AmGreen

AmGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Mabye I should get mine out quick - we should be in the 70's next week:laugh:

4. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Mine have been out over a month results are similar to yours. Upsells, what upsells, no upsells here and I pushed some on a couple of services. No bites. Nobody wants anything extra. People are going to be tight this year...

5. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

i sent my out last week so far so good

6. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Mine go out on Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed.:weightlifter:

7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I got mine out 2 weeks ago, so far it has been very slow. Some of this might be because we had so many prepay last fall, but there are a lot of people who typically prepay in the spring, that I haven't heard from yet. I have my fingers crossed.

8. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

We sent our first letter out middle of Jan with an offer for a free lime application if they would prepay by feb. 10. That boosted the amount of prepays a fair amount. also we sent prepay letters to those who normally just pay per app and picked up a few of those. We are sending another letter this week to those who didn't send in by the 10th offering an extension if they will pay by feb28. Has been better than I thought so far.

9. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you actually have a signed contract? Just curios because I never have in the 17 years I've been in business. I am a small solo operation and that is the primary reason for not needing or using signed contracts. I can understand using contracts in landscape, hardscape, etc. installs, but not for fert apps. JMHO

I send out renewals the end of January and have had a few cancels. I do offer a 7% discount for pre pay, but don't offer it to everyone. I don't want half my clients paying up front, because I spend it to quick.

Jack

10. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

It's the law here