1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2009 vs 2010 Grandstand

Discussion in 'Toro' started by rem-md, Apr 23, 2010.

1. aclm

aclm LawnSite Member
    from Montana

Thank you to both of you that have responded.

The problem is this....THEY DON'T HAVE A NEWER MODEL AND THEY TELL ME THIS IS THE LATEST MODEL. I am being told this is the most current model available by this dealer.

So do I have grounds to call them out on it, if there really is a later model available, do I walk away from the sale, tell them to order a newer version, knock money off the older version???

All input is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
  2. Blazerfb

Blazerfb LawnSite Member

I'd look somewhere nearby for a new model. Your dealer will still be able to service it. Or ask them to order a new one for you. I would not buy the old model. The steering controls are very much inferior to the later model. Walk away from it. It's January, they will be dying for a sale and will either be willing to order a new one or discount you that one. Again though, I can't say this enough, I would not settle for the older models.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

sounds like to me your dealer is a ****** bag. forget that guy completley. he is lying straight out to get a sale. also, that is really way over priced even for a current model. we paid so much less it was not even funny for the newest models