2010 Finally over

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RABBITMAN11, Dec 3, 2010.

1. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Finished up today. Tomorrow snow on the way, time to get the plows ready. Hope everyone had a good year.

2. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

congrats
    -- just finished weds myself-- woohoo
    i feel this tremendous burden off my shoulders as soon
    as the last lawn is treated

despite some rocky weather-- very good year here,
    total expenses were down and gross sales were up

3. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

This year was kind of confusing for me. Last year it didn't get cold until the end if October, this year the first week of October and the last two weeks of September we had a drought of no rain, lost almost a grand in sept. and almost two in oct. But other than that I beat my last years income.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

been done with round 6 for a couple of weeks now, been doing last mowings and leaves.

today was my last day with anything other than a leaf vac trailer for curbside that we just promoted

5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I tried to finish up today, worked till 6pm and was dark! but still have about 6 small lawns to go. But with 5" of snow coming tonite and cold next week I may be done. have 4 aeration's and dormant seeding to do when the snow melts.
    Glad this year is over!!! was a good $$ year. but I'm really tired of looking at drought stressed lawns!

6. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

We came to a screeching halt 3 weeks ago, Nov. 13, midway through the last round and 2/3rds through our fall cleanups. 6" of slushy wet snow, followed by enough cold to end the season. It had been in the 60's for multiple days earlier that week.

Every time we've come close to melting enough snow to at least get back out and finish a few more clean-ups we get another shot of snow. It's snowing now and we're looking at 4-7" by morning.

It's only been 3 weeks but it's starting to already feel like mid-winter around here.

7. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

Finally got my last yard done today-MINE. I finished off my tank and got it winterized. I am planning on something different for next year so am going to start working on that tomorrow. Am putting a small tank on one of my Walkers and try to use it as much as possible instead of walking everything. We had a good year and already got several new clients lined up for next season.

8. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just spent the last couple hours wiring up salt spreader. After getting it all hooked up, the speader motor broke. uggggg.

9. MLAWCARE

MLAWCARE LawnSite Senior Member

better now than on a job

10. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

i actually have two more yards to do tomorrow and two by the end of december, and had issues by starting late this morning with the battery on my ztr went dead.