2010 Leaf Box construction

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by CTmower, Oct 3, 2010.

1. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

So I started to build my leaf box for the upcoming season today. Got about 80% done. All I have left to do is build the barn doors, paint it black, and thrown the mesh tarp on it. Walls are 5ft tall, I was thinking about going 6ft but it just looked way too big for my comfort. Ill have more pics once its done.

[​IMG]

2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

looks good..caint wait to see pics when its done.

3. CTmower

from CT

Finished the top posts last night. Doors and paint in the next couple days!!!

[​IMG]

4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Dude that thing looks huge. Looks like you did a good job building it. Can't wait to see it done and being used.

5. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

That is one badass box, I hope to have something like that next fall, but for now I am stuck with a trailer and need to just throw sides on it

6. CTmower

from CT

Just picked up the custom front mount I had made up for my Billy Goat loader. The pieces are slowly coming together and my leaf rig should be ready to go by the end of this weekend :clapping:

[​IMG]

7. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious, what vac are you going to be using, meaning how many hp? Have you ever mounted a vac on the front before, I'm curious as to how well it will push. I have a 16hp Billygoat that I'm using but not sure if I want to mount it to the front vs. just mounting it to the back.

8. CTmower

from CT

This is the first loader I have ever used and with the setup I currently have mounting it on the front made the most sense to me. Theres about 4 or 5 guys on this site that have them mounted on the front and they all never had to worry about clogging or there not being enough power. They all use 16-18hp loaders as well, I think once you step up to the 25+ hp units they just get to big to mount on the front. My trailer is just too packed full of gear and the tongue is too small to even think about mounting on there. Now I can disconnect my trailer and drive around to suck up leaves where ever I need to.

9. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

And you can pull right up to a pile if you need to. Not have to worry about backing up and all that stuff.

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

CT- It's looking very good. I can't wait to see the final product!