2010 Leaf Box construction

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by CTmower, Oct 3, 2010.

1. turfed

turfed LawnSite Member
    from MI

CT....Gotta question. I'm in the process of building a box myself on a chevy 1 ton dump. I have been up and down on the internet looking for ideas on venting the box. How are you planning to vent it?

2. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

the whole, top is open... seems like a pretty big "vent" to me. Unless I don't understand what you are meaning, please explain. Why would you need a vent anyway?

3. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

The top is only open because he isn't done yet. I'm sure he's planning on using a mesh tarp to cover the top and allow it to vent. Also, you don't want to try a leaf box without a vent, you'll soon find out how well you built it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

He said he is using a mesh canvas so I would assume that it will cover the top and allow for venting.

5. bradseabridge

The top will be permanently open it will just have a mesh tarp on top (assuming). That's a vent if I ever saw one. I don't know anyone who builds a leaf box without using a mesh tarp on the top.

6. bradseabridge

that. :cool2:

7. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I bought a 8x10 mesh tarp at Harbor Freight for around $20. Going to use bungey cords to secure it to the tops and sides. Once I get the barn doors built and paint it black, ill then put the tarp on.

8. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

were you at in ct?

9. CTmower

from CT

North central CT.....Windsor Locks, Windsor, Suffield, Enfield, Somers, Ellington, East Windsor, South Windsor area....

10. CTmower

from CT

Just finished painting the box today.
    [​IMG]

Also built and installed the rear fold out doors. They fold all the way back flat against the sides of the box.
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow Ill be installing the tarp on top and securing it with bungy cords all around. After that install the loader onto the mount and drill some holes in the mount to secure the two together. Lastly drilling a hole in the box to run the exhaust tube from the loader to the box!!