2010 Leaf Box construction

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by CTmower, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you take off the walls, looks kinda heavy? Can you take it off in sections?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I'll let u know at the end of the season how it all comes off. Obv the two doors will come off easily as will the four posts up top. The two side walls are 104" long and 63" high so I'm sure I can pull them off but I'll def need some help
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

I like your box!
    I really wish i still had my old shop or a easy way to get my box of my truck
    If anyone has any suggestion please tell me!
    (DOnt mean to hi jack your thread!)

I have my box on a old 1990 Z-71 pick up truck
    Hold alot of leaves but we have to use the pallet and chain method to get em out which isnt too bad....

I want to put a little box on my isuzu dump truck
    -then we could just dump the leaves out
    Only thing is we usually do clean ups til the first snow fall...
    And just the transition from fall to winter would be rough! We cant plow with a huge box on...

If i could figure out how to make it so i can lift the whole thing up with a pallet it wouldnt be too much of a problem!

Anyone know how i can WITH out takin the whole thing apart bc. storage isnt a problem got tons of outdoor space

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

looking real sharp :drinkup:
  5. CTmower

from CT

Finally finished this morning. Its amazing how many little tweeks are needed with such a simple setup. I was planning on having this setup complete last week. First big leaf job Saturday morning so she'll be put to use right away!!!
  6. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Real nice.i like it.have fun with it.
  7. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Is that the new billy goat, 2010 year? And what kind of pipe did you use to run over your cab? Working on my leaf set up and need a extention to reach into the box, not as long as yours though.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

should of ran that blower of your truck motor :D Now that would be awesome! Looks very nice though
  9. CTmower

from CT

Yes its a brand new 2010 Billy Goat 18hp Electric start. I used a 6" plastic drainage pipe which had almost a 7" butt end on it that fit almost perfectly onto the exhaust of my loader. I had to make 2 slits in the pipe to make it a little easier to take on and off the loader when dumping. Setup seems to be working great so far.
  10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

my setup is very similar accept I faced the intake toward the passenger side for curb side pick up. I also bought a 12' piece of hose.......2 extra feet make a big difference....nice rig....