2010 "The Year of Promise"

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Dec 31, 2009.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

2009 was a decent year but with the loss of my Mother this summer I am glad to put it in the books.

I also want to take time to thank everyone here at Lawnsite for sharing there vast knowledge and experience which has helped my company grow beyond my expectations.

So what are your resolutions for the new year and what are the plans to get your company jump started for the new year!
  2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your mom AWJ, I know it's part of life but still difficult to go through.

Marketing is the word for the new year, I have a couple things I want to be more efficient but I need to be 'selling' more.
  3. mudmaker

mudmaker LawnSite Member

I am thankful to have survived 2009!!! Was laid off in March, but thankfully I didn't sell my tools and equipment when I moved to Colorado in 08.

2010 my goal is get my business plan in order and stick to it. I have ended up self employed as a means of survival more or less and need to get a plan together on how to make 2010 more than just a survival mission and build this new venture!!LOL!
  4. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

Diversification is my goal for 2010. Without it I'll be in a worse place than I was in '09.
  5. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

Most likely due to a change in the program I will lose my teaching job at the college. However, I have been doing side jobs repairing equipment, network servers and rewinding electric motors. Most likely I will start my new company in recycling/biofuels. Maybe even getting back to my past digging out for driveways and drilling post holes.
  6. Omran&Turbo

Omran&Turbo LawnSite Member

Good evening evryone, for me I don't like to be negative,but 2009 was the worst year since I started my little excavating/Grading business in 04. Ofcourse we don't need to go over all the BS we already know, the good thing for me that I own my equipments and I have some debt,but not like before,THANKS GOD, I am planing on expanding my business to small things and to the finest details, so I am going to get a mowing line of service, to let it go with my other things, last summer alot of my customers(landscape clients) were asking me about cutting thier grass, so I am almost there, I have all the small tools,the only thing I really need is a zt mower and a smaller trailer, my 25' goosneck will be real big for a mower :laugh: :laugh:
    So if things goes well as planned, I a hoping to get an enclosed 17' trailer and fix myself a nice little mowing business.

I wish all of you guys the Best of Luck in 2010 and to stay all healthy and happy.
    God bless.

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

For myself I would like to see 2010 better I'am sick of this recession. Hoping to see people start spending money again.

Untill people start spending money nothing is going to happen, right now it doesn't matter what you do if people are not hiring anybody to work on their property or do jobs for them.
  8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

well 09 was officially horrible, didnt see a pool all year. Didnt do jack for that contractor in fact..

Did get into some new work and got some experience. Not near enough, but some..

This year, well with the new job I dont know what its going to do. But its not going to change from this year. I'll just let things roll..
  9. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

AWJ... My condolences.

2009 sucked. The weather sucked. My health has sucked and work sucked. If it sucked any more, I'd change careers but the bright side is it can only get better from here. I can take charge of my own health and though I can't stop a recession on my own, I now know what it takes to survive a downturn when your competitors are auctioning their equipment off.

Here's to the Good Lord continuing to provide through the tough times as well as the good. Here's to good friends, good food, and good conversation. 2010, I'm going to hit the ground running on Monday, coughing or not...and I am going to keep doing a good job until someone notices!
  10. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

No Doubt! Keep kickin' 'em in the teeth.:weightlifter: