2010 toro commercial thoughts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Justinknipp, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Justinknipp

Justinknipp LawnSite Member

Hello all, I am wondering your thoughts on a 2010 toro "commercial" unit with a 48 in deck. 0 hours at dealership, a deal from toro hq. asking $8999. Also the dealer is willing to give me a great price on my trade in, a 2000 z147 with 501 hrs and a 44" deck.

What do you think my trade in is worth, and is this unit a good buy?

I appreciate your comments.

2. DSLS

DSLS LawnSite Member

What model is the Toro you are looking at?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Seems a little high for a 48" 2010 model

4. Justinknipp

It is a "commercial " unit. Equivalent to a 6000 series today.

5. DSLS

DSLS LawnSite Member

It must be a g3 model then for 2010. I bought 2 new g3 60" 27 hp toro mowers in 2011 for 7995.00 each with tax. 8999. seems quite high especially for a 2010 48". Try to get it around 6000-6500 otherwise you can shop around and find a similar mower new in the 6-7000 range fairly easily. Check out all the incentives offered like toro will give you 18% off if you can show proof that you mow a church. I think I provided a letter from a church and a 1099. Either should work. John Deere does the same if you have any sort of government contract local, state or federal. Gravely does 20% if you buy 2 or more units totaling more than like 12500 or close to that don't remember for sure. Not all these incentives are advertised well but a good dealer should be able to inform you.

6. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with above posters Sounds a bit high. I would think a reasonable price for a 2010 model G3 with a 48 deck would be around 6000-6500 ish

7. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I know my local Toro dealer has an open offer to me for when I need a new 60 to get a 27 kohler EFI for 8 grand. That's on a toro 5000 If I remember right

8. Justinknipp

Wow, thanks guys! I really thought that this was something I shouldn't pass up, but perhaps I will.

Fantastic info on the incentives! Thank you very much! I will speak with them and find out more info if I can.