1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Work and Equipment Set-up

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DLONGLANDSCAPING, Sep 22, 2010.

1. stuntmanlogan

stuntmanlogan LawnSite Senior Member

2. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

3. DLONGLANDSCAPING

thats how i felt, i was thinking it would be a big pallet that i could even unload with the bobcat. I was extreamly unhappy and did talk to the distributor. They said the reason that was, was because i needed it in such short notice but it shouldnt have been thrown in unorganized piles and that far.

I got free delivery on 5 truck loads of materials from my complaint and they were really understanding when i showed them the pictures. e

4. DLONGLANDSCAPING

trust me, i was furious. I came out when half of it was already done and i was like wtf is going on. That is 650 dollars in sod and its going to be trashed now.

5. DLONGLANDSCAPING

yea i like it too. I like it because its more of a place where i can document my growth. I like seeing from year to year and what i said last year and look back and laugh.

I love seeing long term growth and thats what im working at now. Not getting a bunch of customers, but to be smart with the customers i have and have good paying, reliable clients that will come back to me year after year. I spend on average 10 minutes more on each property than i did in the summer and just the extra 10 minutes makes them all look so much better. Even on the really small properties.

I wish the pictures showed how good everything looked, all my lawns are soo green again and they are all ALMOST weed free after the aeration and fertilizer treatment.

6. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Oh ok.yeah.yeah u got it that is they key to sucess.yeah same thing on a yard i do.the guy grass is i mean just real good green grass.dosent have any weeds.i wish our grass is like that.we dont have the worst or the best.its in between id say.

7. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

you paid $650 for that sod?? wow

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Everything looks really nice, I hope to get pretty big next season. Got a few plans but so far everything is still in the planning stage. This winter when i graduate I'm really going to kick up advertising and all sorts of other things. If they did that to sod I ordered I would have said something to them and told them to do it right or leave my jobsite. I'm sure it didn't kill the sod by any means but it's very unprofessional. They way I look at it, if YOU hire a company like that to come deliver it, and they look like crap. I think it reflects back on us because WE hired these guys. But anyways, nice work.

9. stuntmanlogan

stuntmanlogan LawnSite Senior Member

10. DLONGLANDSCAPING

Sorry i misspoke , i got 190 yards of sod and 5 yards of top soil. The top soil was 14 per yard. Delievery was 65 dollars(which i think is b.s.) and the soil was around 2.50 cents per yard plus tax.

So give or take a few bucks it was right around 650. Is that a lot or something for you? those are the prices for sod up here. If i got 250 yards the price drops from 2.5 to 1.9