2010 Work and Equipment Set-up

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DLONGLANDSCAPING, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

haha jared i like all the different names you have on here

2. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

they confuse the crap out of me

3. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I agree that dumps are a complete waste of money. Just get you a f350 dually pickup if you still want a lot of bed capacity.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

You must not have one! :laugh:

5. SNAPPER MAN

I don't have one because I cannot justify spending the extra money on one and additional insurance on one. My f250 does everything I need it to.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. scagrider22

The insurance on my F-550 is alot cheaper then my 2500hd. And a dump truck will allow you to take on bigger jobs and also get the jobs you currently have done much faster.

7. SNAPPER MAN

How will it allow me to take on bigger jobs. I have three trucks and four trailers. I have enough capacity to take on pretty much any job. I still see no point in a dump, especially for maintenance.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

Weight carrying cap yes, but a dually won't hold any more volume than a srw. For what we do a dually pickup is more of a nuisance than anything if you're just hauling mowers..

Whatever you do I would do anything in your power to avoid building a leaf box on your 1/2 ton. Especially since its a short bed.

9. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

Why spend $ on a drw F350 pickup that can hold just as much as my srw 2500? AND with a pickup you have to manually unload.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. scagrider22

If you cant figure out how a dump truck would allow you to make more money and do it faster then you may want to find a different line of work!