1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Work and Equipment Set-up

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DLONGLANDSCAPING, Sep 22, 2010.

1. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

good idea. I didnt even think about that. Weeds here grow sooo quick its unreal. like literally 3 days to grow a 5 inch weed

2. MLAWCARE

MLAWCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Everything looks great!! :usflag:

3. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

how many guys do you have working for you?

4. DLONGLANDSCAPING

i have one full time for mowing and then 4 part time for landscaping jobs so we can get them done way quicker when we arent mowing. Im looking to have a pure lawn mowing crew 5 days per week next year and a pure landscaping crew 5 days a week too. I need to land some more jobs but i think we are on the right tract.

5. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

Or just take the string trimmer after them. It's quick, easy, and won't cost you an edger blade every day.

Good stuff in this thread. Nice equipment, and your work looks great.

6. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

thats what I'm looking to do at well. I really like your logo and truck...and I usually hate the look of 1500s hahaha

7. DLONGLANDSCAPING

hah i hated the look when i got it too. It looks so peuni. I tried to make it look like the 2500 power wagon. I want to paint my front upper bumper the power wagon color and my door moldings like the power wagon too. And then get som A/T Since my new 280 dollar tires are bald after 6000 miles this summer. I hate shelling out cash for tires once a year cuz i have the trailer on my truck 5 days a week.

8. DLONGLANDSCAPING

yea i will definitly start using my string trimmer doing that. Not many houses have them but thats a way better idea and string line is way cheaper than edger blades.

9. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

Jason,
    Looks like you've done pretty good this year. Did you get another lazer as well as the vantage to ? I'm still debating if I want the vantage or get a toro 597 for this big 75 acre park I'll be bidding on, I guess I could use the vantage to follow behind like a toro 455-d ? I also have an 18 horse power billy goat on order and I'm super exited to try it out. Also if you had a 75 acre park to bid what would you put in for the price ?
    Thanks,
    James

10. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure if it would make a difference but when I got my new tires I told them it towed a trailer nearly every day of the week, they did my alignment specifically for towing so the tires would wear better. I also put a heavier ply tire on as well and it seems to help quite a bit.