1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Work and Equipment Set-up

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DLONGLANDSCAPING, Sep 22, 2010.

1. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a few of the landscaping we did on the blue modern house. he has 3 bull dogs that poop and tear up the lawn in the back yard so i re-graded the lawn. re-figured the back sprinkler system, and put some small scale bushes in for the time being. then installed sod and mulch and aluminum bed edging. some simple work for a long day.

IMG_9404.jpg

IMG_9405.jpg

IMG_9411.jpg

IMG_9413.jpg

IMG_9420.jpg

2. DLONGLANDSCAPING

Before and after of the sod. I'm trying to find the pictures of the final product, but i think they are still on dad's camera

IMG_9423.jpg

IMG_9424.jpg

IMG_9433.jpg

IMG_9438.jpg

IMG_9436.jpg

3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Real nice job.

4. DLONGLANDSCAPING

sewer damage sod job we did at the same time as the blue house. Two doors down. here are some before and after. And i want to hear your opinions on how the sod was dropped off. It was thrown off the dump truck 6-8 feet of the ground into a big ugly pile. I thought it looks so unprofessional. I ordered 190 yards of sod too. I thought it would be delievered with a spyder fork lift or something.

IMG_9409.jpg

IMG_9416.jpg

IMG_9426.jpg

IMG_9414.jpg

IMG_9417.jpg

5. DLONGLANDSCAPING

those pictures make it look like crap! haha. Thats not a nice job at all, the finish product was way nicer. I'll take more pictures when i go there next week to mow and maintain beds and check on sprinkler system

6. DLONGLANDSCAPING

you are on lawnsite WAYYYY TO MUCH. hahaha. Every thread i read there is like 6 posts from you.

What do you do for your free time? ........ lawnsite anyone? lol

i get a head ache from too many pages of lawnsite aday, i can read like 15 pages and then im out. haha

7. bobcat48

Yeah.but i was talkin the mowed lawns lol..

8. bobcat48

Yeah.not all cause of school but yeah i am lol..i never get tired of lawnsite .i love it.love this site so awesome.yeah lol.

9. MLAWCARE

MLAWCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I would be mad if they delivered sod to me like that.

10. rockycrab

rockycrab LawnSite Member
    from oregon

I would be talking to the grower about how they dropped your sod so hard. It will probably not be catastrophic damage, but, i bet it stunts the healing in time. The more damage and abuse to the root system the longer time it takes to establish.