2011 Dodge Ram HD

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by dirtybiz, Dec 15, 2009.

1. dirtybiz

dirtybiz LawnSite Senior Member
    from MT

Was at local dealership this morning picking up my dodge after getting front axle ujoints replaced, and noticed a new 2011 HD sitting there. So while my truck was warming up this morning i went over and checked it out. I have to tell you i am a Ford guy (with the exception of one dodge while ford had the 6.0hno), and i was pretty impressed.

Seems like dodge might actually have something now to compete in the fullsize crew cab market. I did not drive it because i am not interested in one at this point and time, but would definately consider it if i was. I highly doubt i would trade my 08 F350 in on one, but would look at them very hard for a employee/work truck. Especially since they have been making the tranny/engine for a good 3+ years now and ford and gm both are having to come out w/new engines to meet emissions. Will be interesting to see how they hold up, you might go check them out if you are in the market for a new HD!

2. Lawn Man Dave

Lawn Man Dave LawnSite Senior Member

I know a guy with a Dodge 2500 and loves it but took out an 2010 for the fun of it (slow day at the dealer I guess) and it had the air conditioned seats... If I remember they said it was for the 1500's only (may not be that way still)...... That option is very nice on the hot summer day's and they over have heated seats for the winter also.........

I have not seen a Ford with this option but that does not mean they are not out there.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I used to have an 05 Lincoln Navigator (ford) that had the air conditioned seats. It was great on those 95 degree summer days!

4. dirtybiz

dirtybiz LawnSite Senior Member
    from MT

Something about air conditioned seats just doesn't seem right, but i am sure it is nice. I beleive even the back seats in the new dodge are heated! Much more important around here!

5. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the new body style is growing on me. I have had an 01, 05 and now an 07 Ram. And everytime they came out with a new body style I didn't like it then it started to grow on me. haha

6. Lawn Man Dave

Lawn Man Dave LawnSite Senior Member

It's nice when it is super hot out....... not only does it keep your shirt from sticking to the seat due to sweat but it helps cool you off...... It is not very intense......... think of it as a ver very light breeze....... I love it. It workes like an air hockey table.

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Our dealer just got one. I havent stopped and looked at it, but it looks nice from the road! My Ford dealer had the 2011 Super duty on the lot for people to check out. And man that thing was nice! you wont believe how quiet it is either. It kinda has a deep cummins rumble to it as well. Very nice truck.

Im gonna stop tomorrow and look at the new Ram HD. I bet its nice.

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Its funny the only ram I'd ever own is the second generation. Just something about that design appeals to me. The power wagon is cool with the new paint scheme, I'm just not a fan of the Hemi. But that's just me and I'm not brand loyal either.

9. Panhead

Panhead LawnSite Member

They look great in my opinion and so glad they stuck with the front solid axle. 3 generations going strong. I just love the front end.

10. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member